Eastgate Academy is a new private school in Moncton that opened in September 2021.The school’s focus is on the healthy balance between intellectual and academic growth and physical and mental well-being. Eastgate Academy is a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) and will develop to offer a full International Baccalaureate continuum. The school currently has students in grade 4 to 6, and will expand to offer kindergarten to grade 7 in the 2022-2023 school year.
The school’s program is built around the well-regarded and innovative British Columbia curriculum, which is closely aligned with the International Baccalaureate pedagogical approaches. The school will focus on core French within its academic programming.
A major hub in Atlantic Canada, located within driving distance of several other maritime cities, Moncton offers a welcoming, supportive, bilingual community with affordable housing, a high quality of life and a reputation for being safe and friendly. There are beautiful natural surroundings, with wonderful recreation facilities and programs.
We are seeking innovative, collaborative primary school teachers who are ready to play a pivotal role in developing this learning community.
- Foster a safe and positive learning environment for all students
- Teach a mixed-age primary homeroom, including English Language and Literature, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies through transdisciplinary units of inquiry.
- Collaborate with colleagues to design and implement a programme of inquiry, including unit plans, lessons plans, and assessments based on the BC curriculum and the IB approaches to teaching
- Provide ongoing feedback to students and parent/guardians regarding student progress
- Monitor and support student academic, co-curricular, and personal growth through a high level of pastoral care
- Contribute to the co-curricular life of the school
- Engage in continuous professional learning
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree or the equivalent
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, a teaching certificate from a Canadian province
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of inquiry-based and student-centred learning
- A passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary communication in English (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, and parents)
- Commitment to educating the whole student
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
- Experience teaching in the IB Primary Years Program
- Knowledge of BC curriculum
- Proficiency in French
- Experience teaching art, music, drama, physical education and/or French
Salary and Benefits
- Salary higher than the New Brunswick public school salary schedule
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com. Please include:
- Cover letter
- Copy of Teaching Certificate
- Copy of university transcript (unofficial version is acceptable)
- Contact details for two references
We thank you for your application; only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until January 16, with interviews taking place in the last two weeks of January.